Thursday, February 10, 2011

dog insane in the membrane

So I wrote about how awful giving up my precious Scoot was. I am going to reveal something EXTREMELY personal which will probably hit a cord with one of you. I struggle with depression. Every person in life has struggle at one time or another with depression. Mine was and is triggered by certain times of the year. The reason I bring up Scoot and depression is because since then (giving him up) I have never felt the same. The experience SERIOUSLY was me giving up my child and I never have got used to being without him. HE WAS A DOG wth!
Well I have decided that my life is accepting of the need to filling that self inducing void...I have decided to rescue another dog. This time I will rescue two though for selfish reasons. My reason for the need for two is the fact that dogs are pack animals. They NEED companionship more than humans. I work full-time and go to school full-time just like before when I had to give Scoot up. I am not giving up my dreams of full filling the need to get a bachelors degree. At this time in my life (a year ago-sounds a little crazy) I feel I got it together. Writing my own schedule and knowing how to balance is what I mean. My boyfriend and I are the perfect team as well. I know that when I have to work late he will be there as the "Dad" and take care of their needs.
Also his mom (one of my favorite people in the world) lives a mile away and comes to the house and takes care of repair men,etc when we are unable to take off of work. She will be a wonderful grandma!
 
Two dogs are just a natural choice. They keep each other company when the owner is at work. They can play, snuggle or make a mess together. We have a big house and the perfect breeze-way room for them to play in while we are away.

So I have been reviewing HOPE animal rescue because I know people that have adopted from there and found a few dogs I was interested in meeting. I fill out an online application and get DENIED... Can you believe? I was honest but also didn't give ALL the info about my ordeal with Scoot.
The response was that with A SMALL LIFE CHANGE that I DUMPED off my dog!!! That was very hard to read... I thought and still do think that I made the right decision for that time. I was a single mom and my roommate (with her dog) moved to Arnold and I to a much smaller apartment. I also was going to start school full-time. Searching for a new home was rough too. How could no one I knew want him? He was the bestest dog ever!!!! Well many did but were unable to have dogs themselves or had the same problem....no time to take care of a social, energetic dog. Or had a dog that wasn't good to have around other dogs.
Long story short basically... Jake was upset and applied to adopt. HE WAS DENIED due to having the same address as me. My "dumping" put him on the no adoption list...:(

wish there was a pic without the guy holding the puppy


I found out that he is going to a breeder this weekend or next week to get me a baby... Happy Valentine's and Anniversary to me! We are going to rescue the second dog in a couple months...

Please give me your opinions..Be nice I am delicate.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely understand and sympathize about the depression. In the past year or so I developed it and have been suffering with it for months at a time in some instances. I am so glad that you're going to get a new fur baby. Pets are amazing at keeping up the spirit. And, I'm sorry about Scoot. But, you were doing what you felt was best at the time. I hope everything works out with the new dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too sympathize with your depression. I used to suffer a little and things worsened about five years ago when I gave up my three year old yellow lab (Sadie) to move to Belleville. I still miss her sometimes but I know she went to a great home with kids that spoil her and she is happy there. I am "at the end of my chain" waiting to get another puppy.

    ReplyDelete