Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I Love Lucy"

Happy late Valentine's Day!!!!
Saturday I had an amazing day at work...really. I came home and a beauty queen greeted me at my front door. Jake surprised me with a new puppy. Completely surprised because he never folds on ANYTHING. The deal was we were going to wait until April when the weather would be getting nicer and easier to house train in.

After we were denied adoption at Hope Animal Rescue (still an amazing place) he was going to go buy one from a breeder. He went shopping for a doggy gate at Petsmart on Saturday and they had 4 animal rescue agencies there with animals to adopt. It must have been fate (or Jake is a sucker for a cute girl) there she was!
Her first day at our house
She came from Bendl, IL and is 6months old. The Bendl rescue society is ran by a bunch of sweet old ladies. The founder/owner is in her 80s....how great is that? I know what I want to do when I retire... Probably not because I would be arrested if I did.
After Jake adopted her and got her kennel, food, dishes, etc he took her on a tour of his family. Everyone fell in love with her. The rest of the family that was unable to meet her is coming over this Sunday. She is a lucky girl.

She loves to nap like her momma
we assume she this is her favorite spot (living room in front of table and tv) because she is the center of attention still
Like I mentioned she is 6months old. The rescue people told Jake she is a beagle/lab mix. Everyone that has met her thinks she is a beagle/pit mix. They probably told him because pits get a get a bad rap but I love pits! She is very well behaved, especially for a puppy. We are in the process of crate training now. She is house broken and doesn't go on furniture.
momma using her like a pillow in front of the TV
hooked- dang we sleep a lot!
Her first night she had a lot of visitors. Everyone was trying to help us come up with a name. I decided on Lucy because she is funny. So the 2nd one will have to be a boy and name him Ricky of Dezzy..."I Love Lucy"...
I am a happy person. I start my mini vacation today too!

4 comments:

  1. AHHH SHE IS SO CUTE!!! so happy he got her for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome story. You have a beautiful dog, and seems like she'll get alot of love. "I Love Lucy" used to be one of my favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, she's beautiful and I love when people treat their pets as if their actually a part of the family. It looks like you'll provide a good home for her. Congrats on the new addition to the home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! I know you were really excited/worried about getting a fur baby. She is beautiful and is in for being smothered with love love love. She has the cutest little nose! :D

    ReplyDelete