Thursday, March 31, 2011

living thru stuff....

Life brings surprises good and bad when you least expect it. Take last week for instance....my mother pasted away suddenly. I am not willing (just yet) to go into the details but it wasn't expected and she didn't have all her ducks in a row ready for this either... Which makes the grieving even harder because being so far away you have to think about why you're driving almost 9hrs there and back. When you finally get there you have to settle things like funeral, death certificate, and estate stuff....trust me you don't want to go thru this even when your parent has everything ready for you to handle but it makes it harder when they don't because ugliness comes out from people you have known your whole life.


enough of that... well Jake has been the best. He took off the day after I found out to be at home to deal with the dogs' drama and be there for me. What a blessing he is. I was and still am an emotional roller coaster. I think long car rides can make or break a relationship...yeah 9hrs is not THAT long but driving it with a sister you mix like water and oil can drive someone to leave you even in times like this. TRUST ME you do not want to be around me and my youngest sister together for more than an hour. Jake was great he listened and would TRY and coach us through our issues with each other.. funny and worked for like a few hours then we were at it again.


photo booth at a wedding...love these pics
 The long drive was nice though because we talked about everything. I am so sad about losing my mother. So sad and still cannot believe this is happening.
I am so glad that Jake is in my life, especially now. I cannot wait to be engaged, married and have children with him. Hi family is also my rock. They offered to drive up with me when I had to go back to handle legals,etc. My family is great too don't get me wrong but they do not have to be there and they were.


us on the couch at Christmas
 My job on the other hand completely shocked me....I won't go there. Thank you my boss but that is about it. Anyone looking for someone with 10years management experience??? lol totally joking.

not meaning to rant just thought I would share...Thank you to my instructors as well...you guys and gal are AMAZING! xox

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss, it sounds like a lot of "stuff" to deal with, but I belive you can make it.

    ps-I am AMAZING thanks for the affirmation :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can empathize with what you've been going through. We lost my mother-in-law last year (she had been having health issues but thought she was improving). The family "ugliness" you mention has been the most stressful part. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My codolences to you and your family. Hang in there, and look to God in times like these. There is a lesson in all of life's happenings. Life is too short so cherrish your sister while you can. For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son...........(John 3:16)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am late on this, but I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I cant imagine life w/out my mom :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that be strong. I'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete