Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring is here....well kinda

The weather outside (has been) frightful.... Tuesday I woke up extremely late and decided instead of freaking out and being stressed out or feeling guilty I would do something outside or around the house to make me happy.

one of the bulbs I planted were bi-color peony
I enjoy a clean house what can I say. Not going to feel ashamed about it or embarrassed to admit it. Yeah there are far more amazing things in life but who can deny the pleasure of walking into a clean, picked up house...not me! So I started out by cleaning my filthy (to me) kitchen. The windows were opened so I decided to do some yard work and surprise Jake. I started some laundry which was nice to smell outside while cutting grass.
a snowy inside of pic of our windows
Our house sits on the bluffs of 157 which out look the city lights (at night) and bluff woods during the day. The back of the house is mostly large windows so you feel the weather inside the house....it's quite wonderful (not to brag). Laying on the couch watching a movie, you don't feel as guilty not being outside because you feel like you are. Today was different, I felt like I had to be (actually) outside.
The yard work was a nice work out. I unwind the yard work session by planting some bulbs in large pots to transplant next year. It was so nice.

Before cutting grass, I took the pups for a ride in the car to the local feed shop. There you can buy all kinds of goodies. Their favorite is the giant bone treats and meat (i think) sticks which keep them occupied for long periods of time and not wanting to chew on things in the house they aren't supposed to chew. Plus they absolutely love car rides.
The pups played outside while I did a small amount of planting. It was a dream day...minus the sinus headache I had the entire day.
I even listened to the jazz station while I was driving the pups. Jazz and me go back. It winds me down and helps me not to think.
My favorite all time activity to do is getting lost in music. I do not discriminate with music, I love all types. I just have to be in a certain mood for certain music. Happy Tuesday to me!

1 comment:

  1. great pics. And I am with you on a clean house. I am not super neat freak, but I like the clutter picked up and the scent of fresh, clean air. I like the floors swept and vacuumed.

    ReplyDelete