Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tiff's top 5....flowers

".........These are a few of my favorite things..."

in my opinion the best color to get!
 I am such a girl right now but I am willing to admit to LOVING to get flowers (hint Jake).
My all time favorite flower is available at Easter time. I guess what I love most about this flower is the smell.. It is sooo sweet. They are not very expensive and you can usually find them everywhere. They are a great gift to bring to a Easter dinner or have a a table setting. I place them throughout my house to remind me how pretty it is about to get outside... Unfortunately I do not have a greenthumb (YET) and I end up with a semi-graveyard of them outside when it is time to plant them. They do comeback every year too. So when your invited to dinner for Easter bring your hostess a flower for her efforts!

spring!
i found this picture online...can you imagine how wonderful this place must smell?
i have never found this color anywhere...so pretty!  
These flowers are called Hyacinths and like I stated before smell amazing!!!!!! I learned while quickly researching that they were the favorite of king Louis XV of France.

My Second favorite flower is the Plumeria blossom. They are found all over Hawaii and make beautiful Leis and head pieces.They are most fragrant at night in order to attract it's pollunating moths. The flower has no nectar.
Tahitian sunset if my favorite color this blossom comes in

pretty in white
My third favorite is also a Hawaiian flower, the Hibiscus. They come in all color and varieties. Every color and variety was the official territorial flower. It wasn't until 1988 that the yellow hibiscus (which is native to the Islands) was selected to represent Hawaii the state.
i can't chose a favorite color but this orange mix sure is in the top
the red is probably the most common color
Hawaii's state flower
Waterlilies are the most interesting to me because how they grow...in the water and wild like. This summer I am going to try to improve (A LOT) my gardening skills. I really want to have a waterlily in my front yard fountain. I just need to find a waterlily that can grow in harsh conditions (me) and shallow water.
Funny story from when I was little... I would always play Indians with my cousins and my name was ALWAYS waterlily not tiger-lily (the famous Indian Princess).

The fourth choice is the Daffodil. The classic spring starter of the season. They come in an array of colors but the most common is the yellow.
the classic



The classic Rose, my fifth and final favorite. Although the list could go on and on I choose the rose. The rose has been used in history all over the world a decorating flower, medicine, small source of vitamin c, and for fragrant purposes. No matter what color they are simply beautiful. I favor the victorian species not the wild open buds.
the wild rose
I love this color mix

2 comments: